Thursday, February 17, 2011

EDUC250--LMS Features

This week we were asked to describe our ideal LMS, research one LMS from a given list, then add the findings to a class spreadsheet comparing it to Blackboard.  My "stab in the dark" description of an ideal LMS, although elementarily represented, turned out to be quite similar to the one I researched (KEWL).  My description was posted before I did any research, so I was quite surprised at how they actually jibed!

With the LMS research in mind as well as having navigated around Blackboard for nearly six weeks now, I think I can say that all of the features of BB are useful, but the discussion portion, email and question lounge, the resource button, and the learning module buttons have been most useful to me.  What features might be missing?  I would like to see a built in video and audio system so that course participants could "face" one another while chatting, emailing, or discussing a post (provided the posts were happening in synchronous time).  I realize there are web tools (software) for doing just what I have described but they are not embedded within Blackboard for use in our Course.  I guess I'm just a hopeless extrovert who enjoys face-to-face connection with my classmates and instructors!

No comments:

Post a Comment